The last two pairs of teeth in the back of your mouth are the wisdom teeth. They are conspicuously larger, and they have a bumpy feel. Wisdom teeth are important assets in our mouth, but they often cause dental issues depending on their location and alignment. Because of their location, people are often unable to clean them properly when brushing. This increases the likelihood of the teeth developing an infection from bacteria. Find out more about having wisdom teeth removed by contacting Splendid Dental Woodlands. Our dental team will inform you about the specialty dental services available for affected teeth.
Do You Have Wisdom Teeth?
Late teens or early twenties is the stage when people get their final two sets of molars, also called wisdom teeth. If you are within or past late teens or early twenties, then you have wisdom teeth. Visit a dentist and ask them about the teeth. They will use an X-ray to detect the presence and evaluate the alignment of the teeth. When these teeth are in a horizontal position or at an inward angle, they are not aligned properly. Misalignment can crowd your mouth with teeth or damage the jawbone and the nerves.
Removal of Wisdom Teeth
An oral surgery helps with the removal of these teeth. The ease of removing the teeth varies depending on several factors. For instance, their position and stage of development.
A tooth that protrudes out of the gum is fairly easy to remove. One that is underneath the gum might require a more complex procedure in order to remove it. Some of the reasons for removing wisdom teeth include:
- Misalignment of the tooth
- A partial eruption of the impacted tooth
- Deep decay of a tooth
- The development of gum disease
Cost of Removal
The cost has a direct relation to the complexity of the procedure. A simple extraction ranges from a hundred dollars, but the difficulty of extracting an impacted tooth raises the cost. Removing wisdom teeth may require dentists to extract the tooth in small sections to reduce the damage to the underlying bone. This requires an advanced procedure. Your Woodlands dentist will give you plenty of anesthetics to ensure that you are not in any pain. Having dental insurance cover will decrease the cost of treatment.
Get Help at Splendid Dental Woodlands
Our facility offers specialty dental services that can help with several conditions. Our dental implant services will replace any missing teeth to improve the comfortability and functionality of your mouth. Some other services that you can access include:
- Ridge augmentation services: The treatment restores deteriorated jawbones. It will even your smile giving you that youthful appearance.
- Sedation and dental anxiety services: Specialists train you to be stress-free and comfortable with dental visits. They use sedation dentistry to lower your dental anxiety.
- Tooth extractions services: A safe and efficient way of removing teeth. It can be a pain-free way of dealing with overcrowded teeth.
- Orthodontics treatment services: This module focuses on giving your young ones a beautiful smile. However, adults can use it too to deal with correct conditions such as overbite and crossbite.
Learn More at Splendid Dental Woodlands
Caring for your wisdom teeth is paramount because they are vital structures in your mouth. Removing wisdom teeth is often a wise choice for people who want to avoid problems down the road. Some people need to have their wisdom teeth removed, and some do not. Your dentist is in the best position to advise you on the care that you’ll need for the teeth. Contact Splendid Dental Woodlands via 713-587-9996 for more insights and help.