Do you currently have gum disease? If so, we can help. Splendid Dental Woodlands offers periodontics that our patients can trust. We provide complete care for gum disease and similar conditions within your gum structure. Our board-certified staff provides a quality treatment that relieves your pain and restores your teeth and gums.
We treat each member of your family and provide a wide range of services for your condition. To find out more, feel free to schedule a consultation with a certified dentist. We can discuss your gum disease condition, answer your questions, and go over your treatment options.
What Is Periodontic Dentistry?
Periodontics is a set of procedures that we use to treat your gums when you get gum disease. Our goal is to reinforce the supporting structure around your gums while addressing the causes of your gum disease. This involves dental work on your nerves, tissue, jaw bone, or gums. It may also include fixing any problems with your teeth.
Although the goal of periodontics is the same, there is a wide range of solutions to help you with the problem. We look at different options such as implants or cosmetic dentistry to find out which produces the most effective, long-term results. We then make recommendations on the best treatment for your condition.
Gum disease or periodontitis occurs when the gum tissue starts to pull away from your teeth. This creates gaps, allowing food, bacteria, and other substances to eat away at the teeth or cause an infection. You may not know that you have gum disease because it can take years for it to fully develop.
- The signs of gum disease include:
- Sensitive or loose teeth
- Sores along the side of your mouth
- Bad breath
- Large gaps between the gums and teeth
- Receding gumline
- Poor tooth alignment
You may feel ongoing pain every time you chew into your food. You may also have a sensitivity to ice, chocolate, citrus, or other types of food.
Periodontic Dentistry and Gum Disease
We often begin periodontics for gum disease with a comprehensive checkup. Our dentists assess your gums, teeth, and jawbone to determine the overall condition. Once assess the extent of your condition, then we determine the best course of action to take. We may start by prescribing medication to help you with the problem.
If that doesn’t work, then we’ll look at options such as:
- Deep Teeth Cleaning: Deep cleaning can remove harmful substances and bacteria from your teeth, giving you a fresh start. Periodic cleaning may be necessary to ensure that your teeth stay clean and strong. The more you have your teeth professionally cleaned, the more likely the gum disease will not return.
- Root Scaling and Planing: Root planing and scaling involve more than just cleaning your teeth. We remove dental plaque and buildup that has caused gum disease. It is an effective form of periodontics that can prevent future buildup and gum disease.
- Teeth Replacement: If you have extensive gum disease, then we may need to remove some of your teeth and replace them with dental implants, crowns, or dentures. The right solution depends on the extent of your condition.
Learn More at Splendid Dental Woodlands
At Splendid Dental Woodlands, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of dental care in Texas. Our certified experts can handle a wide range of dental problems for both children and adults. Call 832.365.4190 to find out more about periodontics. We can help you restore your teeth and brighten your smile once again.