You might try to avoid going to the dentist for dental care and even preventive dentistry, but it is more important than you may think. The skilled dental specialists at Splendid Dental in Woodlands can help you care for your teeth early on to avoid more serious problems later.
Care For Your Teeth With Preventive Dentistry
Regular visits to the dentists at Splendid Dental can help treat and detect many unpleasant conditions that can keep you from living your best life.
We can help to address a range of serious dental issues, including the following:
- Oral cancer
- Infections or abscesses
- Painful cavities
- Weak or soft teeth
- Extreme tooth sensitivity
- Broken, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Oral inflammation
Reasons for Preventive Dentistry
An article by the American Dental Association makes the importance of preventive dental care clear. The most prevalent disease among children, according to the CDC, is dental caries. It affects more than 25% of kids aged 2 to 5 and 50% of kids between the ages of 12 and 15 in the U.S. Even more alarming is that it continues into adulthood. Adults aged 35 to 44 have an almost 30% chance of having untreated decay of their teeth. Almost 20% of adults over age 65 have untreated tooth decay.
According to the UIC College of Dentistry, at least 25% of Americans have tooth decay that has gone untreated. Whichever statistic is more precise, the numbers are all in favor of preventive general dentistry in TX and ongoing, consistent care. No matter how old you are, you are going to benefit from taking good care of your teeth and trusting your dentist.
Cleanings, Extractions, Fillings, and Sealants in Preventive Dentistry
We’re here to get you excited about your dental visits. Here are some things you can look forward to when visiting Splendid Dental for general dentistry in TX.
When you get proper teeth cleaning, it isn’t painful, and you leave with your mouth feeling and looking much better. Even if you brush your teeth often, you may still have plaque that you need a dentist to remove professionally. Don’t assume you are getting your teeth completely clean every time you brush or floss.
You may be hesitant to get your teeth pulled when you need them out. However, you may not be considering how much better you will feel when the process is over and you are healthy. The procedure of dental extraction in Texas is only done when you have issues such as severe damage or decay, gum disease, impacted or overcrowded teeth, or an injury caused by an accident. Just because you lost a tooth or two, doesn’t mean you can’t talk, chew, bite or smile. The Splendid Dental experts will be sure you are leaving better off than you arrived.
When you get the dental work you need, you can have injured or weak teeth filled or sealed. You can experience relief from tooth pain after completing a dental procedure. Some conditions that can benefit from dental treatment include gaps between teeth, broken teeth, chipped teeth, decayed teeth or worn teeth. Dentists use sealants for conditions such as teeth with deep depressions or grooves. Sealants can also provide protection from cavities for kids. They can also work for baby teeth if they have deep grooves or depressions in them.
Some of the services offered at Splendid Dental include the following:
- Cleaning and whitening
- Oral surgery
- Sedation dentistry
- Orthodontics and braces
We also offer a range of specialized dental services in Woodlands to treat your specific needs.
Contact Splendid Dental Woodlands Today
With a solid preventive footing, you can help to keep your teeth in great shape. If you’re looking for quality dental care, Splendid Dental Woodlands is here to help you, so contact Splendid Dental Woodlands at 832.365.4190 to make an appointment.