Teeth shifting is normal and occurs even among healthy people. It may be painful and cause a curved shape for your teeth. People assume that teeth do not shift at an older age. As one ages, the soft tissues around the teeth become flexible. This makes them prone to movement. Shifting may occur throughout one’s life, and it can be as a result of various reasons. It is possible to learn how to prevent teeth shifting and get the perfect teeth.
Causes of Teeth Shifting
Periodontal disease is decay or illness in your gum or the bone under your teeth. These tissue types are important as they support the teeth and keep them in place. When they begin breaking down, the teeth become breaking down. As a person goes through adolescence, they experience various facial changes. Your lower jaw affects how your teeth shift. Most people tend to grind their teeth in their sleep.
Teeth clenching and grinding is a common stress response. It may cause pressure on your teeth, making them shift to different directions.
Lips get tighter and smaller as one ages. The small change puts pressure on your teeth. The extra pressure may cause teeth shifting. Most people lose some of their teeth from gum disease, dental decay, among other causes.
When you have your tooth removed, other teeth try to accommodate the extra space. This causes the development of gaps in your teeth.
How to Prevent Teeth Shifting
You will need to put a lot of effort to get a beautiful and perfect smile. If you want to maintain a perfect grin, ensure you follow the required management guidelines.
Some of the tips on how to prevent teeth shifting include:
- Wearing your retainer: The retention phase comes after the orthodontist removes your braces. The orthodontist prescribes a retainer that holds your teeth together firmly. Ensure you wear them regularly, as recommended by the orthodontist.
- Scheduling regular cleanings: Professional cleanings remove decay and trap bacteria around the teeth. The dentist also examines how healthy your smile is and corrects any mistakes found.
- Practicing excellent oral hygiene: Taking good care of your teeth reduces changes of teeth shifting. Regular flossing and brushing remove trapped bacteria and food that may cause deterioration of the bones and gums.
- Reducing the habit of clenching and grinding.
- Improving sleeping habits: Sleeping on your stomach leads to tooth movement over time. Teeth move when triggered by sustained and gentle pressure. Smooshing your face on a firm pillow creates a reasonable amount of pressure. It is advisable to sleep on your back then on your side.
- Making your work area ergonomic: Poor posture leads to tooth movement. Ensure your desk does not sit too high or too low. Make sure your chair also has back support.
Dental Programs Available at Splendid Dental Woodlands
Lovett dental increases your chances of getting a perfect smile. It provides different services to patients and ensures you have a healthy smile.
Some of the services provided by the dental facility include:
- Teeth cleaning services: Teeth cleaning is essential, especially if you do not brush or floss regularly. It ensures your teeth are clear of bacteria and food.
- Dental bonding services: These services are essential in overcoming challenges related to oral health. Some of these problems include aging, poor dental hygiene, and accidents.
- Teeth whitening
- Orthodontic dental braces: Braces make your teeth appear straight. They give you the perfect smile you need. You can get different types of braces from the facility, depending on your preferences.
- Dental implants: Implants provide functionality and durability. They are ideal compared to other teeth replacement options.
- Oral surgery
Enhance Your Oral Health by Contacting Splendid Dental Woodlands Today
Learn how to prevent teeth from shifting by visiting our facility. We ensure you have healthy teeth and a perfect smile. Take a step to visit our facility and get the proper treatment for your oral health condition. Reach out to us via 713-587-9996 and allow our dentists to give you that beautiful smile you deserve.