Once that first tooth pops out, you may be thinking about finding a pediatric dental office for your son or daughter. It’s a good idea to take a few minutes to choose a location that you know can provide the highest level of care and support for your child and perhaps your family as a whole. Our team at Splendid Dental Woodlands offers a comprehensive pediatric dentistry in Houston, Texas, that can help you. If you are unsure where to go, there are a few things to keep in mind.
What Does the Pediatric Dental Office Offer for Kids?
Some dentists will provide dental care to children. They may not have a formal pediatric dentistry, though. It is often the case that parents want to choose a professional that has dedicated services for dental needs for kids. There are a few things that you want to look for when choosing a provider:
- Does the provider offer special training and education in providing dental care to children? While there are many similar traits, pediatric dentistry has a very different set of strategies and goals than adult providers. You want to know if they’ve been trained specifically to help children.
- Do they provide preventative dentistry? These are services that can significantly reduce the onset of dental problems. Some dentists offer fluoride treatments or dental sealants. These products may work as a way to stop gum disease and early tooth decay from occurring.
- What is the environment like? Most often, parents want to ensure their child’s dentist is going to offer a warm and inviting atmosphere, one that seems kid-friendly and most certainly is not scary.
Getting the answers to these three questions is a good start. It can give you insight into what to expect from your child’s dentist.
Family Dentistry Is an Option for Many Who Want a Child Dentist
Some dental care providers offer family dentistry. That means they provide dental care for children but also for adults. They serve the needs of the whole family. Sometimes a child will remain with the same dentist for years to come, well into adulthood. This type of atmosphere is beneficial for many reasons. It may help your child get all of the care they need in the same place now and later.
It also makes appointments easier when the whole family goes to the same provider for dental needs. Since that’s the case, make sure that you like the dentist, too. You want to be sure the dental team is welcoming and friendly. You also want to ensure your insurance covers the location and that they have ample availability to fit you into their schedule.
Finding the Children’s Dentist You Need Is Easy
At Splendid Dental Woodlands, we know you want the right dental care provider. That’s why we have worked hard to provide a comprehensive pediatric dental office in Houston, Texas that offers all of the services you need in one place. That includes:
- General dentistry services
- Orthodontic services
- Cosmetic dentistry services
- Preventative dental care
- Oral surgery providers
When you are ready to get help for a problem, or you need a checkup, you can easily call our offices to schedule one, knowing that we can provide help for each member of your family in the same place.
Choose Splendid Dental Woodlands as Your Pediatric Dental Office
Take care of your dental health and that of your child at Splendid Dental Woodlands. As a full-service dental team, we are happy to work closely with you to ensure you have the best smile possible. We encourage you to reach out to us today to schedule a consultation and initial appointment. Call 713-587-9996 or connect with us online now.